- Must not be a bonsai “professional”
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must be a club member in good standing
- Must never have won first place in a previous BSF Scholarship Competition – State level.
- Must be able to compete at the District level competition (time and place to be determined).
- Materials will be of the same species and of similar quality.
Juniper is usually the planned species and will be distributed by lottery.
- The contest is usually 2 hrs long.
- Wiring is permitted. Club wire will be available for contestants.
- Tools and supplies will be the responsibility of the contestant.
Borrowing tools prior to the contest is permitted.
- Once the contest starts there is no participation or interaction between contestants and others in the audience.
- No repotting allowed. Pot can be cut, but plant can’t be removed from the pot.
- Judging at the local level is to be done by the club president (or designee) and the district trustee (or designee). All designee(s) will be decided at the club meeting prior to the start of the competition.
- Judging will be based on bonsai techniques and design appropriate to the tree while maintaining the health of the tree.
- Rules can be changed by past board members who attend the club meeting prior to the start of the competition.
Bonsai Society of Brevard
For more detailed information contact our Brevard based Bonsai club.
The Bonsai Society of Brevard is one of the many clubs within the Bonsai Societies of Florida.